Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Week 7

Food

  • Lisa brought a corn salsa from Whole Foods that was very good and had a lot of garlic in it!
  • Kath brought an appetizer of blue cheese whipped with marscapone cheese in a sandwich like appearance with fig in between. It was soooo good!
  • Pepperwood Pinot Noir was the wine, a favorite of the group.
  • Margi had some mini muffins, pumpkin or ginger, cannot remember which.

Knit Projects

  • Lisa brought in her finished felted bag(picture shown on right) and was just finishing up her back panel for her current project shown here. Looking good!
  • Kath had finished up three of the Celtic scarfs(picture shown to the right before being blocked) in very cool colors! We talked about the button holes, I changed the size of my button hole to only one yarn over, she felt hers were o.k.. I also changed the cast on end to have a short rib for a better finished look, and put the buttons on an angle for a more fashion finish. Picture shown to the right of my finished project. Kath is still working on the Einstein sweater, sleeves still in progress.
  • Margi is cranking out another stocking and we decided we will post the picture next week with all three. She is also going to try the Celtic scarf, can't wait to see how hers looks and what modifications she makes, if any.
  • JoAnn was working on a project which I forgot to ask about. But what was cool was she had a little show and tell. She had purchased some Musk Ox yarn, very fine but super warm since they can be in temperatures of up to 40 below! I posted a picture of the project she is doing and the yarn with it.
  • I am working still on the Einstein sweater with doing the Celtic scarfs for Christmas presents. Maybe sometime I will be able to start a sweater for myself.......maybe.

Topics Talked About

  • Smoke ring patterns, cowls, head scarves, mobious scarves...all discussed and what was popular in the 70's is back now.
  • Baseball withdrawal, we have it and will continue until spring training. I think I am going to find a countdown counter for this site to keep track of the days left until spring training.
  • Explained about the election results in my town and the controversy going on, want more info on it, click here.
  • Margi had a nice table wreath made by her husband, all of us were impressed with it and liked the idea.
  • Discussed the Sara Palin interview about her new book.
  • Foreign adoptions of older children was a hot topic. The summary of it was when you are adopting from a foreign country, some are better than others but you will most likely not get all of the medical history and information needed for issues that may arise.

Did I miss anything? I have to start posting on Tuesdays to ensure I am not forgetting the topics!

No comments: