Friday, November 6, 2009

Week 5

Food
  • I brought some homemade hummus with roasted garlic, not bad. Seems to come out different every time I make it but the consistency of this one was good, not too thick.

Knit Projects

  • Margi of course finished both stockings, picture inserted on left. They were outstanding and each had their own unique pattern with one having a Red Sox theme. She also finished a neat neck warmer scarf which kath is modeling on the right.
  • Lisa started and looked like she was almost finished with a hat pattern that gift, she is also still working on her vented sweater. Lover her yarn for this, picture inserted on the right.
  • JoAnn is still working on her shawl and has started another project, remind me what it was JoAnn!
  • Kath is finishing up the Einstein sweater, she is on the sleeves which we both commented that it was a bizarre way to seem the top of the shoulder rather than underneath hiding it. She started to attempt to put it on a circular needle, had to rip out after forgetting to alternate knit and purl rows, tricky! The top of the shoulder is the only seem area on this sweater which is nice for finishing.
  • Myself, finished the Einstein sweater for my daughter and working on the other on for a gift. I am trying to pick out a sweater for myself with all of the yarn I have. Found a pattern but might be short on the yarn.

Topics Talked About

  • No surprise we ripped apart the Yankee line up and questioned if this was going to be the winning night. We had good reason to be weary but as we all know, they won in the place they should have won which was at home in the new stadium with Andy as the pitcher. Kath and I would have gone to the parade if it was on Monday, but being held today at 11am, I think I will just watch it on TV.
  • The other major topic we talked about was the image on women. Starting out in grade school to high school, women are automatically put in this image of having to have looks, material items and status. One mistake made seems to carry into your life, and how it does not seem to do this for men. We all agreed we would never want to go back to high school, and what was hard then seems to be even harder now. Building self esteem, values and communication. There is no easy fix and the topic will always come up as a "how" and "why".
  • I know I missed some topics due to the time line. Please post what I missed!

No comments: