Friday, January 22, 2010
- Kathleen brought humus and wine called Cupcake, both were very good!
- Margi was getting ready to felt her Yoga bag and working on another one.
- JoAnn finished her smoke ring, needed to weave in the ends, picture hopefully next meeting if she brings it with her!
- Kathleen was starting a scarf, after having to ask about the directions from the knitting store for mmmmmm....maybe the fourth time?? I give her credit, I would have given up by now. She just swears at it and plans on going back again to get some clarity on this project.
- Lisa is working diligently on her vented sweater.
- I am also working on the same sweater, hoping to put it together by the next meeting.
Topics Talked About
- I missed out on the conversation of dealing with bodily functions as you get older. I am sure I could have contributed to it!
- Kathleen filled us in on her new job, all I have to say is it sounds like she has a very big challenge and she is very capable of handling the issues that come to her.
Friday, January 15, 2010
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp butter softened
1/4 cup molasses
1 large egg
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Beat sugar and butter together on medium speed until blended. Add molasses and egg, beat well. Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl and add gradually to sugar mixture.
Divide in half, cover with saran wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make 1" balls of dough, roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 13 minutes, cool on wrack. Makes about 50 cookies.
I brought some Ginger Snap cookies with me, I do plan on posting the recipe since Kathleen and JoAnn asked.
Kathleen started her new job, sounded like she had her hands full and was going to be a challenge.
- Margi was working on a yoga mat carrying tube which is to be felted, looked like it was very cool! Hopefully I will get a picture next week of it.
- Lisa forgot to work the band on the left side of her sweater so she had to rip out a pretty large section. That is not fun.
- Kathleen is hating the Einstein sweater due to the sleeve seems like it is never ending.
- JoAnn said she has to knit 5 feet of a large section for her sweater which would be pretty monotonous to knit that much.
- Me....I am working on my sweater still, did a few meobius scarves between the holiday, moving on from that project. What I did come across was a friend who had bought some headband hats from someone she knows who buys them in NYC to sell here. Happens to be the same pattern Margi had done last winter for a bunch of gifts. They were selling them for $8 each, wonder how much they were in NYC and who was knitting them! They also had a crochet flower on it, cute.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010
I was lucky I could load up a picture from my in-laws computer for you to see. This was at Salt Pond Beach, one of our favorite stops and easy for her to play at. Too bad we had soo much rain, we could have taken home some natural salt from here!
Hope all is well and have a good meeting tonight!