Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Our First Recap, Week One

We meet as a group every Monday night from 6-7:30pm. I am going to work on a format so here is a start.

FOOD
  • Always important, the food! Lisa brought some new cheese for us to try. One was a tomato chipolte and another a strawberry Chardonnay. Not bad. Margi provided some desserts that were cookies and biscotti.
  • Kath brought the alcohol which was Pinot Noir, Pepperwood. Of course the question came up on what movie made Pinot Noir even more known. Do you know? Margi had some super good cider, not spiked. I (Robin) needed some before I was off to two meetings after the class.

Knit Projects

  • Never got to see what Margi was working on. She is know for whipping out the projects in a week and coming up with some new cool item! Last week it was a winter hat with a hole in the top for a pony tail!
  • Kathleen was starting the Einstein sweater for her. Hopefully will get some pics of that. She was finishing a three quarter sleeve sweater last week and had to have it put together. Maybe we will post that picture next week.
  • Lisa is knitting a very cool sweater with a little back vent and some great variegated color yarn, green of course. Seems to be the color she migrates toward.
  • Joanne is knitting another shawl is not your basic shawl. It is a little fancier and has a nice knitted hole to gather it in. And I love the color of it which is plum.
  • I(Robin) promised I would finish my daughter's sweater I have been working on for over a year. It is a smock coat style and seems like I am working on tooth picks, size 4 needles! I will have it done for next week and post a picture. I had to rip out the two front panels due to too loose, it is looking good now.

Topics talked about

  • Just so you know, three of us are NY Yankee fans so this seems to come up first. Who should the Yankees play for Game One of the Post Season. Sunday's game was a quick topic of A-Rod.
  • I think I am going to post some yarn shops on the sidebar which we frequent. Margi is taking a Magic Loop stocking class at Yarns Down Under.
  • Katie Couric vs. Mcneil Lear News Hour......I think we do not need to point out which is better. Lisa like Inside Edition.....seemed to be the only one!
  • I had to go to a Nursery School Board Meeting than a campaign meeting afterward, crazy night!
  • We all seemed to state we did not need to buy more yarn and wanted to finish current projects. I already broke that statement! Bought some yarn at OSJL, bulky multi-colored at $1.50 a skein to make the Einstein Sweater for my daughter.

I left at 7:15pm.

No comments: